Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector 1.0.3 Release Notes
The Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector supports high speed data transfer from an Informatica PowerCenter cluster to a Pivotal Greenplum Database cluster for batch and streaming ETL operations.
This release of Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector includes a new architecture, new features, and other improvements as compared to the previous Informatica connector.
The following table identifies the supported component versions for Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector:
|Greenplum-Informatica Connector Version||Pivotal Greenplum Version||PowerCenter Version|
|1.0.3||5.10.x and above, 6.x||10.x|
Refer to the Pivotal Greenplum Database documentation for detailed information about Pivotal Greenplum Database.
See the Informatica PowerCenter documentation for information about the PowerCenter platform and tools.
This release of the Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector introduces the following new features and changes:
- Version 1.0.3 of the connector is no longer an experimental feature.
Timeoutconfiguration properties are now supported. See Configuring Greenplum Target Session Properties.
- The connector no longer limits the precision value of Greenplum Database loader target columns to 65,536.
- The connector has been tested on the Windows version of Informatica Data Integration Service, as well as Linux.
- The SDK version has been updated to version 10.2.
- The connector has now been tested to run with Power Center
- A default value limitation, which could cause Powercenter Designer to crash, has been fixed.
Known issues and limitations related to the this release of the Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector include:
- The Informatica server component sometimes crashes if you enable the OS profile feature. Workaround: Temporarily assign write permission to the OS Profile user on the directories
- When performing an Update operation, GPSS displays error messages such as
Please use following query to access the detailed errorand
/api.Gpss/Close SuccessCount:4 ErrorCount:6 <nil>. You can ignore these messages, as they only indicate that the update number is not equal to number of lines loaded.
Timeoutvalue is fixed at “0”, which means that the connector will wait indefinitely for a response from GPSS.
- The Informatica Data Integration Service and Developer Tool do not support unregistering plug-ins, such as the Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector plug-in. Informatica PowerCenter supports unregistering and removing plug-ins.