Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector 1.0.2 (Experimental) Release Notes
The Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector supports high speed data transfer from an Informatica PowerCenter cluster to a Pivotal Greenplum Database cluster for batch and streaming ETL operations.
This an experimental release of Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector that includes a new architecture, new features, and other improvements as compared to the previous Informatica connector.
Warning: Experimental features are not recommended or supported for production deployments. These features may change in or be removed from future versions of the product based on further testing and feedback. Moreover, any features that may be visible in the open source code but that are not described in the product documentation should be considered experimental and unsupported for production use.
The following table identifies the supported component versions for Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector:
|Greenplum-Informatica Connector Version||Pivotal Greenplum Version||PowerCenter Version|
Refer to the Pivotal Greenplum Database documentation for detailed information about Pivotal Greenplum Database.
See the Informatica PowerCenter documentation for information about the PowerCenter platform and tools.
This release of the Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector introduces the following new features and changes:
- The connector no longer limits the precision value of Greenplum Database loader target columns to 65,536.
- The connector has been tested on the Windows version of Informatica Data Integration Service, as well as Linux.
- The SDK version has been updated to version 10.2.
- The connector has now been tested to run with Power Center
- A default value limitation, which could cause Powercenter Designer to crash, has been fixed.
Known issues and limitations related to the this experimental release of the Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector include:
- The Informatica server component sometimes crashes if you enable the OS profile feature. Workaround: Temporarily assign write permission to the OS Profile user on the directories
- When performing an Update operation, GPSS displays error messages such as
Please use following query to access the detailed errorand
/api.Gpss/Close SuccessCount:4 ErrorCount:6 <nil>. You can ignore these messages, as they only indicate that the update number is not equal to number of lines loaded.
Timeoutconfiguration properties are not yet supported. See Configuring Greenplum Target Session Properties.
Timeoutvalue is fixed at “0”, which means that the connector will wait indefinitely for a response from GPSS.
- Informatica does not support removing the registration for a plugin, so there is currently no mechanism for removing a Pivotal Greenplum-Informatica Connector installation from Informatica.